Qualitel is a contract manufacturer of mission-critical electronics, specializing in a full range of high-mix, low-volume and high-reliability products and services. Qualitel manufactures electronics with complex Surface Mount Technology (SMT), Ball Grid Array and Fine Pitch Technology for the aerospace, medical and life sciences, industrial and military markets.
Qualitel was started in 1995 by its current President, Tuanhai Hoang and has become one of Washington State’s fastest growing companies in the new millennium. Located only 20 miles north of Seattle in Everett, Washington, Qualitel remains a private company with a reputation for products and services of the highest quality.
The company is known for its commitment to a “lean” culture which allows it to offer the shortest lead times and highest quality production available today. By placing a singular emphasis on flexibility and responsiveness, Qualitel is able to offer efficient execution of unique, difficult and complex projects.
Company success is further predicated on:
Customer focused service
Operational excellence using lean manufacturing systems
All relevant quality registrations and certifications
High-mix and high reliability EMS expertise
State-of-the-art, redundant equipment
Inventory and obsolescence management
Supply change management and automated BIM ordering systems
Barcode component and WO traceability
Trained and certified IPC-610 and J-STD-001 workforce
Position Purpose & Responsibilities:
The Director of Finance and Analysis has overall responsibility for developing, managing and initiating continual improvements to all financial reporting systems, financial analysis, budgeting processes, cost and variance reporting processes and other diagnostic tools designed to provide the Qualitel leadership with clear, useful information. This will include:
- Financial statement preparation
- Forecasting and budgeting
- Financial, cost and variance analysis
- Ensure that underlying finance and accounting reporting systems are aligned and functioning properly
- Responsible for metric analysis of all product lines, and for providing managers clear, understandable and useful reports.
- Using data and relevant analysis, advises manager on improvement of cash flow, profit margins, and cost of goods and services.
- Reviews, interprets, analyses and communicates important financial information to President and leadership team.
- Assists with the development, implementation and analysis of departmental budgets.
1) Considerable successful experience with financial analysis generally, and specifically with job costing, variance analysis, profit margin analysis, budgeting and forecasting.
2) Experience with accessing complex data from databases and translating this understandable language for operating personnel.
3) Experience in a manufacturing environment, and preferably a component/assembly environment.
4) Experience with setting up and working with cost methods in a MRP (manufacturing resources planning) system.
5) Current knowledge of leading edge fiduciary, budgetary and financial methods and practices.
6) Demonstrated ability to make operational and management decisions in response to changing conditions and emergencies.
7) Ability to effectively interface and team with all levels of an organization, and to maintain positive, constructive relationships with operating personnel.
8) Exceptional interpersonal communications skills, including strong verbal and writing ability; presentation skills; ability to listen “actively” and to calibrate communication style to all levels of the company for maximum effectiveness.
9) A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, accounting or related.
1) Experience with “lean” and “continuous improvement” principles and practices.
2) Experience in a multi-line, multi-product manufacturing or electronic assembly company with complex costing challenges.
3) Experience with box-build high level assemblies with many configurations and subassemblies.
The culture of Qualitel is characterized by continuous improvement of processes and systems, a “hands on” commitment to accomplishing the best product possible for the customer, a bias for action and excellence, and operating with a lean mentality.
Employees are held to high performance standards, but always treated with respect and dignity.
FIRST 3 to 6 MONTHS:
Identify preliminary profit margins for the top 10 major products to identify what is needed to get accurate costing information.
Drive system and other department to collect necessary data to provide accurate costing information and variances.
Analyze for some cost reduction opportunities.
Review monthly financial provided by the controller to insure that it is accurate.
Ensure month end inventory evaluation are accurate.
BETWEEN 6 to 12 MONTHS:
Provide accurate costing information and variances.
Update labor and materials cost models for quoting.
Identify and help fix major variances
Identify COGS reduction opportunities such as scrap and expenses.
Be able to identify profitability levels for all product lines
Establish effective, timely, and accurate financial reporting processes
AFTER 12 MONTHS:
Demonstrably contribute to increased profitability by creating financial reporting practices that operating personnel can use to increase productivity.
Have a cost analysis system that will identify profitability for all new products and existing products that other can use.
Provide and update a cost model that Qualitel can use to quote include labor and materials burden rate.
Qualitel has a system that can effectively review variances timely.
Manage the finance department efficiently so that Qualitel can grow without having to add resources unless it’s required.
Someone committed to hard work in a TEAM environment—doing what it takes to get the job done in a timely way.
Someone who demonstrates a commitment to continuous learning in the way they perform their everyday work.
A person who naturally conveys and promotes a positive, “can-do”, forward looking attitude and approach.
Someone who demonstrates a high “EQ” (Emotional Intelligence) and evidences a preference for collaboration across departments and disciplines.
Additional Salary Information: Incentive Bonus available