Trinity Manufacturing is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining our diverse work force reflecting the global nature of our business. As a leader in our industry, we strive for active involvement of every employee to achieve continued success and growth. The ideas of our employees are valued and encouraged as we work together while building an environment from which new ideas will flourish.
Trinity is looking for a Controller to lead the accounting department and serve as a key member of management. The Controller will report directly to the Chief Accounting Officer with a dotted line to the Executive Vice President. The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in order to manage a department with up to 10 direct reports. The position is located in Hamlet, North Carolina which is 30 minutes from Pinehurst in the heart of the state’s Sandhill’s Region.
At Trinity, employee compensation extends beyond annual income. In addition to cash compensation, Trinity offers a comprehensive benefits package and ongoing opportunities for professional development. The benefits package includes 401(k) plan, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance and disability insurance. The successful candidate’s salary will commensurate with abilities and experience. The total compensation package is designed to reward employees for their personal commitment and valuable contributions to our success. Trinity is an equal opportunity employer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee daily operations of the Accounting Department. Responsibilities include but are not limited to Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Billing, Fixed Assets, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Sales and Use Tax, General Ledger Accounting, Financial Reporting, Treasury and Risk Management.
- Establish financial and cost systems to ensure consistency and integrity of data.
- Responsible for timely completion of monthly financial statements, cash flow forecasting and budgeting.
- Research best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate.
- Ensure that transactions are accounted for in accordance with established company policies and in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff.
- Work directly with external CPA firms to manage audit process and tax compliance
- Develop close working relationships with management throughout all areas of the company.
- Assist other departments including Network Administration, Human Resources and Office Administration as needed.
- Monitor and communicate key financial ratios to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.