","validThrough":"2017-05-07T04:00:00Z","title":"Accounting and Internal Controls Manager ","datePosted":"2017-04-07T20:20:00Z"}
Accounting and Internal Controls Manager
This a multi-dimensional and high visibility individual contributor role. The successful candidate must possess a winning combination of interpersonal, business and accounting skills. This individual will collaborate with the Institute’s entire finance organization, all G&A groups, business unit personnel and the external audit firms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
External Financial Reporting
- Oversight and management of the Institute’s independent financial statement audit, Compliance (formerly A-133) audit and the external audit firm.
- Review and oversight of the quarterly financial statements, and including their external distribution.
- Preparation of the Audit Committee meeting materials, including presentations, graphical analysis and briefs.
- Review, oversight and management of the external auditors for the pension and welfare benefit plans.
- Assist with the monitoring, evaluation, interpretation, communication, impact analysis and documentation of proposed and final technical financial accounting pronouncements.
- Lead Management’s testing of internal control over financial reporting program (BASICs)
- Assist with the acquisition and divestiture accounting efforts including technical research, journal entry and work paper preparation, fair value assessments, project administration, footnote disclosure, etc.
- Contribute to the financial accounting analysis and review for all M&A due diligence efforts.
- Lead and participate in the development and delivery of technical financial accounting training courses.
- Serve as a financial accounting policy liaison with the business units, accounting personnel and external auditors regarding technical accounting matters.
- Review facility leases, investments and other agreements.
- Provide ad hoc financial accounting, including revenue recognition consultations and reviews, as needed.
- Travel in the US and abroad, if necessary.
- Lead and/or assist in special projects, as requested.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting.
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant.
- Master’s level degree in Accounting and 6 years of relevant experience.
- 5 or more years auditing and accounting experience in the attestation division of a national public accounting firm and having achieved at least the status of Manager.
- Experience with external financial reporting and revenue recognition.
- Experience with documenting and testing internal controls and Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) 2013 framework.
- Experience with accounting for acquisitions and divestitures, including the evaluation of goodwill; and been substantively involved in the application of complex accounting pronouncements.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s level degree in Accounting.
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant.
- 6-8 years auditing and accounting experience in the attestation division of a national public accounting firm and having achieved at least the status of Manager.
- Experience documenting and testing internal controls over financial reporting.
- US government contractor experience and or prior A-133 experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and some exposure to IFRS;
- High ethical standards and an appreciation for how policy is evaluated, finalized and applied;
- A positive can-do attitude and open demeanor;
- Strong interpersonal skills, assertiveness and the ability to persuade multiple stakeholders;
- The ability to effectively resolve complex technical issues in situations where limited technical guidance exists, including using analytical skills and systemic thinking to ensure alternative accounting views are considered;
- Strong professional judgment and a solid understanding of financial reporting risk; ability to develop concise conclusions to support recommendations and decisions;
- The ability to manage multiple competing priorities and unexpected requests to deliver high-quality deliverables within established deadlines;
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to plan a project, translate theory and vision into practical tasks and manage resources effectively;
- Effective communication skills and executive presence;
- Strong working relationships with team members, peers and customers;
- A strong work ethic and sense of ownership for work;
- The ability to work independently in a non-structured, fast-paced work environment with little supervision and
- Proficiency in MS Office required.
Accounting and Internal Controls Manager - RTI International Careers
Internal Number: 17086
About RTI International
RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 2,500 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services in health and pharmaceuticals, advanced technology, survey and statistics, education and training, economic and social d...evelopment, and the environment. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as the first scientific organization in and centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at http://www.rti.org/jobs.
For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
More Jobs Like This
Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 Days Ago
Aurora, North Carolina
2 Weeks Ago
Sylva, North Carolina
2 Weeks Ago
Back to top