ALL JOB APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ON: http://charlottenc.gov/HR/Pages/Jobs.aspx
City of Charlotte
Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department
Financial Manager (AOV)
The Charlotte - Mecklenburg Police Department Financial Manager is a key member of the Charlotte – Mecklenburg Police Department Leadership team directly responsible for planning, directing and managing the Department’s Financial Management Division.
Position is responsible for the supervisory, administrative and professional work in directing the activities of the Financial Management Division. Position provides financial and budget management, audit and consulting services, to Department Leadership and employees, to including providing assistance in strategy and policy interpretation, problem resolution and compliance.
Under general direction from the Business Services Manager the position is directly responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the Department’s Financial Management functions to include but not limited to:
- Operating budget, capital budget, development in implementation of the Department budget objectives, grants, contracts, asset forfeiture, travel, accounts payable/receivables,
- Performance Management and Reporting inclusive of Balanced Scorecard and Service Level Budgeting.
- Facilitate and implement cross Divisional work processes.
The work involves the ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative and involves extensive contact with other internal service providers and customers. Must demonstrate the ability to serve on citywide level committees and work teams to make sound recommendations and establish collaborative relationships. Work involves extensive public contact and collaboration with employees, officials of other city departments, and representatives of other units of government and agencies; and the general public.
- Provides leadership to a professional staff responsible for Finance and Accounting, and Budget and Procurement Processes.
- Identifies problem areas; directs the analysis of data, the review of available options, the development of detailed policies and plans, and the implementation of approved procedures and programs.
- Maintains continuing evaluation of systems and supervises necessary modifications.
- Serves on citywide level committees/work teams to make sound recommendations and establish collaborative relationships.
- Builds collaborative working relationship with staff across the divisions of the Department and with city Finance, Budget Office and other customers.
- Participates in the review, formulation, and implementation of departmental policies, programs, rules, and regulations.
- Responsible for coordination of the Department’s Balanced Score Card process.
- Works to ensure the proper monitoring of allocated resources to the various Divisions and Offices.
- Supervises and provides oversight and direction to the work of subordinates to ensure effective staff utilization and development.
- Coordinates cross Divisional operational methods and procedures for overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Serves on various City-wide committees on as needed basis to ensure that Department is effectively working to address issues that impact the City as a whole.
- Selects, directs, and evaluates staff. Works with employees to ensure effective performance, corrects deficiencies; implement and administer disciplinary and termination procedures when necessary.
- Performs other duties as necessary.