Hiring Range: $56,931 - $80,000/Year D.O.Q.
Open Until Filled
The City of Fayetteville’s mission is to provide service that makes Fayetteville a better Place for all. Dedicated and talented employees are essential to achieving this mission. If you are committed to providing excellent customer service and able to work in a team environment, the City of Fayetteville is the employer for you! The City offers employees market-competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
The City of Fayetteville is currently recruiting for a Financial Reporting manager to manage, direct, supervise and coordinate the activities of the Financial Reporting Division including the preparation of complex financial reports; to coordinate grant accounting activities with other divisions, departments and outside agencies; to ensure that financial reporting practices are in compliance with federal and state regulations, generally accepted accounting principles for local governments; and to provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assume management responsibility for all services and activities of the Financial Reporting Division.
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities for the Financial Reporting Division; recommend, within departmental policy, appropriate service and staffing levels; recommend and administer policies and procedures.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; assess and monitor work load, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identify opportunities for improvements and review with the Chief Financial Officer; implement improvements.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures; recommend employee terminations.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and review the work of assigned division staff; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Supervise, review and verify a variety of documents and forms for the Financial Reporting Division including reports, letters, agendas and authorizations; review and approve accounting entries and transactions.
- Prepare, supervise and review the preparation of various audit work papers and schedules, relating to the services and activities of the Financial Reporting Division; develop and monitor internal control procedures for the Financial Reporting Division resulting from independent and internal auditors' recommendations and self-assessment.
- Answer questions and provide information to the public and other departments, particularly regarding financial and grant reports and grant financial compliance.
- Manage special revenue and capital project funds, including oversight of budget and accounting journal entries; analyzing and processing budget revisions; and project closeouts; reviewing contracts; monitoring balance sheet, revenue and expenditure accounts, budgets; year-end processing; and, performing other related activities.
- Manage grant financial compliance and reporting; grant award review; and performing other related activities.
- Coordinate with the Accounting Manager to administer fixed assets, including: classification; reconciliation; annual physical inventory; review of transfer/surplus forms; and, other related activities.