Stamos Capital Partners, L.P. (“Stamos Capital” or “SCP”) is an independent privately owned investment management firm that deploys an endowment-style approach across five major asset classes: fixed income, absolute return, public equity, private equity, and real assets. With more than $3 billion in assets under management, Stamos Capital Partners is located on Sand Hill Road in Menlo Park, California. The Wealth Management team at Stamos Capital provides investment, wealth management, and client service solutions to select high-net-worth investors, including individuals, family offices, private foundations, endowments, trusts, and other clients.
The Associate, Wealth Management position is responsible for (a) understanding the needs of our investment partners, (b) communicating the firm’s macroeconomic and asset allocation views, (c) assisting in developing investment and wealth management strategies based on these views that meet the objectives of our partners, and (d) communicating the performance of these strategies relative to these objectives. This individual should be able to perform all functions associated with managing to lead and manage client relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a real-time, substantive understanding of our macroeconomic views and client services and be able to communicate these effectively to our investment partners
- Assist in documenting the firm’s macroeconomic and asset allocation views, in the form of memos and presentations
- Craft multi-asset class allocations and portfolio analyses for investment partners and managed accounts, in collaboration with team members
- Develop substantive relationships with new and existing investors
- Participate in client and planning meetings and translate the discussions into data collection, analysis, and other action items
- Research and remain up-to-date on wealth management tools and policies including tax and estate planning tools. Work with other firm professional to customize investment strategies and portfolios to enhance after-tax performance
- Work with all teams across Stamos Capital (Wealth Management, Investment Management, and Finance) to:
- Prepare materials for client meetings (including background material, investment and performance summaries, customized asset allocation models, and customized investor reports)
- Document and implement meeting follow-up items (including changes to asset allocations, requested investment activity, etc.)
- Coordinate the timely creation and distribution of various investor communications (including performance estimates and quarterly reports)
- Maintain and update databases with current and complete investor information
- Increasingly serve as a professional wealth management subject-matter expert to firm and our investment partners
Mentor more junior staff and communicate subject matter updates to other firm members